Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
12106879

a guy got 2 felonie 8 years ago and now in jail falsely accused

Customer Question

a guy got 2 felonie 8 years ago and now in jail falsely accused of 3 felonies if convicted is he looking at life in prison ?
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What city and state do you live in?
-What country do you live in?
-What are the prior felonies for?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i live in bainbridge,ny usa it's my stepson he's in chenango county jail in upstate ny 19 miles from bainbridge ny stealing four wheelers,and other stuff 8 years ago and been clean till these so called friends made statements falsely accussing him cause he let them use his car.
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
What is the new felony?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
3rd degree burglary 3 of those 2 for 1 place and another for one a month ago that he was falsely accussed of too
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, due to site reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. That being said...

After reading through the NY sentencing guielines, I think he is looking at life in prison if he is convicted.

Good luck.

Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. The nominal price you may or may not pay for information does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
Good luck.