Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) CA I have

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I have a written agreement to purchase a boat from a consignment lot for a particular amount. When I go to pick up the boat and I am presented with a completely different agreement with a higher price. I am told either agree to thisprice or don't buy the boat. This is after giving a non-refundable down payment/deposit.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Was this with a private party through consignment, or with the consignment store directly? Who took the down payment and what was the amount provided?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

a consigner that liquidates for banks.

the store took the down paymnet. 10% of the total purchase price.

This appears to be a basic "bait & switch" scenario where you were offered the item at one price but are now being forced to pay a higher price and under different terms. You have two options--you can can either compel the cosigner to adhere to the original contract by pointing out the "material changes" in the agreement, or you can file in court for breach of contract, full value of the boat, and damages stemming from breach, deceptive sales tactics, and demand return of original contract.

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.

Please click "accept" so I can be compensated for my assistance. Thank you!