Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney

What age is considered an adult in Alabama. I live in Ohio

What age is considered an adult in Alabama. I live in Ohio and at the age of 18 my son decided he wanted to move to Alabama and I continued helth insurance coverage on him. He had his appendix removed and did not pay what was left over from the medical bills. I never received any billing in Ohio yet it was turned over to collections and I recently found out while checking my credit report this is currently on my report therefore lowering my score. The collection agency says I am responsible and are giving me 30 days to pay the bill eventhough I never received the first billing from the hospital in Alabama. I contacted the hospital and they say I am responsible so the billing stays as is.
the age of majority in Alabama is 18 years of age, unless they have not finished high schools, however, if you declare him as a dependent on your taxes they could try to make a claim you are responsible, However they are wrong and unless your son put you on as a guarantor, you are not liable.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean "unless my son put me as a guarantor". I assume this would be him putting my name down on the hospital admission paperwork as the responsible party for billing. Could he sign my name witout my knowledge and it be binding?
it cannot be binding, if it was untrue, you need to challenge the bills, and talk to your son regarding how your name was even identified.