lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

MICHAEL ANDERSON ALLEGED DIRECTOR OF UNICAJA BANK ( BANCO CENTRAL

XXXXX XXXXX ALLEGED DIRECTOR OF UNICAJA BANK ( BANCO CENTRAL MADRID
ADDRESS NO 20, AVDA, ISABEL,28004 MADRID SPAIN,HE ASKED ME TO PAY 1680.00 US DOLLARS FOR ATTORNEY'S FEE TO LEGALIZE THE CERTIFICATION OF THE 5,500.000.00 WHICH HE SAID I WON IN THE MADRID , SPAIN LOTTERY. AFTER HE GOT MY 1680.00 DOLLARS, ANOTHER PERSON ALLEGED OFFICER OF THE EUROPEAN UNION MONETARY BUREAU FINANCIAL ACTION TASK FORCE FAX OVER A REQUEST FOR PAYMENT OF 18,000. US DOLLARS TO ACTIVATE THE CERTIFICATES IN ORDER FOR CITIBANK OF NEW YORK TO RELEASE THE FUNDS TO NOMINATED BANK IN CONCORD , CA USA.. IS THIS LOTTERY WINNING TRUE OR HAVE BEEN SCAMMED ALREADY/
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
You have been scammed. Sorry but this is a common internet scam that is making the rounds.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You merely said I had been scammed . did you make your search about XXXXX XXXXX of UNICAJA BANK? Is he the Bank Director as he alleged? I need your answer. Thanks XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
I don't have to

Spanish Lottery Scam

The United States Embassy in Madrid, the United States Consulate General in Barcelona, and the Office of Overseas Citizens Services at the U. S. Department of State receive frequent inquiries about the Spanish Lottery (sometimes referred to as “El Gordo”). Most inquiries result in complaints from a scam in which purported Spanish lottery officials inform victims they have won a large cash prize.

How the Spanish Lottery scam works

There is a general pattern among the scams. First, the victim receives an “award confirmation” through fax or email informing them they have won a large amount of money in a Spanish lottery drawing. “Due to a clerical error” or some other sort of mix-up, winners are asked to keep their prize confidential until the winnings are released to them. Most times, there is a deadline to claim the money. Once the “transfer process” begins, the victim is informed of various delays requiring the payment of transfer fees, taxes, anti-terror fees, insurance fees, claims agent fees, and other administrative costs that they must pay before the prize can officially be collected. The scam runs under many different seemingly official names such as “El Gordo Sweepstakes Lottery” or even actual lottery names such as “Once.”

How the real Spanish lottery system works

Two of the most common legitimate Spanish lotteries are “El Gordo,” one of the largest lottery drawings in the world, and “La Primitiva.” They are lotteries, not sweepstakes, and are a part of Loterías y Apuestas del Estado, meaning that they are government endorsed. While some lotteries are drawn weekly, “El Gordo” is only drawn one time per year during the Christmas season. The Spanish lottery does not tax any of its prizes.

To enter and win “El Gordo,” you must be a resident of Spain and purchase your ticket within the country. Keep in mind YOU CANNOT WIN IF YOU DID NOT BUY A TICKET! You must purchase your entry to the drawing in Spain to win. It is against U.S. federal law to play a foreign lottery through the mail or over the phone.

If you want absolute proof send them the 18,000.

lwpat, Attorney
Experience: Actively practicing trial attorney