How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RBinJax Your Own Question
RBinJax, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 731
Experience:  Attorney for 28 years. Personal injury, Social Security, family, work comp, criminal trial practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RBinJax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what do i need to do if i got 3 speeding tickets in less than

Resolved Question:

what do i need to do if i got 3 speeding tickets in less than a year
Submitted: 7 years ago via ExpertHub.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RBinJax replied 7 years ago.

You need to find a local attorney who handles traffic tickets and can try to work something out with the judge or hearing officer about the tickets. You certainly can wait and see if the officer does not show up on ticket number 2, but if he does and you are not prepared, you are sunk.


Most attorneys do not charge much for handling tickets, and you can search online for attorney services that will represent you on tickets for as little as $150 per ticket. I know that it is tempting to represent yourself, but you are much safer having a professional handle the matters for you, and the long term pototntial monetary savings far outwigh the immediate outgo.


If you can get one dismissed and perhaps plea to a reduced speed on the other, you will be doing well, particulary if the judge will withhold adjudication on the ticket to which you plea so that no points go on your license.


I hope this answers your questions. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you and good luck.

RBinJax and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the advise and i guess it is worth to hire an attorney.
Expert:  RBinJax replied 7 years ago.

There is simply too much long term risk to not do so, and the points accumulation alone is enough to cause potential suspension problems with your license, particularly if you get any more tickets in the near future.


I am glad this helped. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance to you. Thank you and good luck.

Related Legal Questions