lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

my exhusband and I had a busines for anout 10 years, open 7

my exhusband and I had a busines for anout 10 years, open 7 days a week, which we both worked.we divorced, and at that time, I agreed to let him keep his military retirement pay. when I started to draw social security, I drew more on my own,than I would have gotten on his...BUT... All those 10 years we worked , he did NOT pay in on me, unly himself. Is there anything to do about this. I am loosing many thousand dollars in the military pay, and also now get very little Social security.
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do now. When you divorced, your attorney should have gone over the consequences with you and you should have received permanent alimony or at least a share of the business. Now it is too late to go back. Sorry.