MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

I just found that my credit report from TransUnion has a public

I just found that my credit report from TransUnion has a public record.

According to the credit report, the public record was filed in Jan., 2007 and the plaintiff is Park Place Apt. The docket # XXXXX XXXXX and the amount is $4660. The credit report also shows the court is Wilmington JP Court #12 and the phone number of the court is XXX-XXX-XXXX. So I called this number and the lady in your court who answered my call gave me the phone number of the plaintiff, which is (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

Then I called the plaintiff’s phone number provided by court. I was told that Park Place Apt was sold to Campus Living Villages and the current management is UDEL Studio Green. The Park Place Apt does not exist any more. I asked Jeremy ,who picked up my phone, if she could provide any contact information about the Park Place Apt. she said she really did not know how to contact the park Place Apt. and could not help me.

So the problem is now I cannot find the plaintiff and cannot find why they sued
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, is your question how to dispute the judgment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My question is how to clear this record?

I am thinking about buying a house, I need to get this clean to get a loan
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
To get the judgement off your record, you would need to file a petition to vacate the judgement for lack of service. This would be filed with the county court clerk's office.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But I am in Houston Tx now, How can i file a petition to vocate the judgement for lack of service?

Thanks.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
You would file via certified mail with the county clerk where the case was heard and judgement entered.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when you say county clerk, you mean the county clerk in Delaware or houston, TX?

How and where can I find a county clerk?

Do I need a attorney to do this? How long will this take?

Thanks.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.

1) the court clerk where the claim was filed and judgement against you entered, I assume this would be Delaware.

2) When you contacted the court where the case was heard, that is the same office you would mail the petition to.

43) No you do not need an attorney, it will take approx 60 days.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just mailed a letter to the court which I got the number from the credit report.

In the letter, I told the judge that I never receive any thing from the plaintiff and the court.

I don't think I owned any money to the plaintiff. I also told the judge, based on the phone number provided by the court, I can not contact the plaintiff because the plaintiff has been sold out.

Do you think is this enough? If it is not enough, whatelses shoud I do?

Thank you very much.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
no this is not enough, it will likely be returned to you along with instructions on how to file a motion to have the case brought back before the judge on a motion to vacate the judgement. The problem is that a letter is not a recognized form of communication and the judge cannot act in response to a letter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So you said I should file a petition, that means some forms I should file? If yes, could you tell me the name of the form I should file out?

I can just filed out this form and mailed to the court, right?

Thank you so much
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.

It is not exactly a form, but a document that is standardized. Here is a sample: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/sampleletter16.shtml

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do I need back to DE for the petition motion to vocate?

If I want to hire an attorney, would you like to be my attorney? and How much will you charge?

thanks.

Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
what do you mean by: "Do I need back to DE for the petition motion to vocate?"
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am in Houston Now.

If i wan to file a petition, do I need to back to DE to file? Or I can do in Houston?

Thanks.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
You need to file in Delaware.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can I do it just by mail?

If I hire an attorney, can the attorney to represent me to do this?

thanks.

Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Yes you can do it by mail. Unfortunately, I cannot be your attorney per JA rules. If you hire an attorney, it would have to be an attorney in Delaware and yes they can handle the entire matter for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to click Accept.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Could you tell me which website I can find an good attorney in DE to help me?
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.