MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

Question 1. If you were sexually assaulted in a Hospital by

Question 1.
If you were sexually assaulted in a Hospital by either an employee of the hospital or someone on the visiting surgical team( they pay to use the hospitals facilities). Is the hospital liable in any way? for neglect or ignorance because it happened under their roof?

2nd question.

The same hospital I believe also had a breach in their records department and someone stole my super personal information/ Identity. they sent me a letter about. Can they also be sued for this. should i sign up for ( LIFE LOCK,or will i have to eventually change my info?) I had two surgeries in two different hosptials, this issue may not apply to the hospital with the issue I stated in question 1. i am still doing some digging to find out which did which and what can be done about it?
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.

yes, the hospital could be held liable under a premises liability theory, especially if it failed to put in place proper security safeguards.

Yes, the hospital can be sued for the invasion of privacy/identity theft if it can be shown that the hospital failed to meet its duty of reasonably securing the private information.

I would encourage you to sign up for life lock, depending on how long ago this security breach occurred you may be able to save yourself the hassle of having to change your information. You would also of course contact your financial institutions to put a freeze on any purchase over a certain amount pending your authorization.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The incidents happened between 2003-2007 is it too late or is there no time limit to take these to court. I s there any way this question can be deleted right away? sorry my computer is freezing up.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.

The statute of limitations is three years from the date of the last incident, assuming you were over 18 when the incidents occurred.

Regarding deleting the question so that it is not published, customer service would be able to assist you with that. I have no ability to delete posts.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was a minor during all of them. i will ask two more questions paying of course in a few minutes.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
ok, but with respect to this question, please click Accept.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.