MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I slipp on ice at the county courthouse which resulted in a

Customer Question

I slipp on ice at the county courthouse which resulted in a broken leg. The claims associate states the county is only liable for medical bills that my insurance company does not pay (co-pays). Too bad about the lost wages.

If I decide to go to small claims what are my changes of recovering lost wages?
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
Very likely if the lost wages are indeed directly attributable to the fall. The lost wages would fall under compensatory damages, as would the medical claims.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What are my options if the insurance carrier states the county does not carry that coverage? Should I file in small claims court?
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
If the county is not properly insured, you would file in small claims but be advised that there is a $12,000 cap on small claims damages.