lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

If a parent has been previously been found in contempt of court

If a parent has been previously been found in contempt of court for withholding visitation previously, and is up for withholding visitation again for the second time to the tune of 796 hours, 996 total, plus ignored two subpeonas for production of documents plus refused to produce documents in discovery, what is the least and worst a parent could expect to receive from these violations? My ex is the violator and I am taking him back to court for all of the above.
Furthermore, should I prepare an emergency change of custody in lieu that he may go to jail for all of this including temporary child support during that time?
Here I would ask for a contempt of court and also a modification of custody in the same motion. If you have not asked for a change of custody your attorney can amend the complaint. A previous violation plus continued refusal to allow the children to have a relationship with the other parent is sufficient grounds for a change of custody.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I can't afford an attorney, and the only one that I could ripped me off $30K then dropped me having done little to nothing on our case but extend it for one year.

So you think I should go ahead and file for an emergency change of custody plus provisions for child support?

I would amend your complaint to add modification of custody or either file a separate motion and ask that it be heard at the same time in the interest of judicial economy. Here are the NC child support guidelines

http://www.nccourts.org/Forms/FormSearchResults.asp

It appears that you have been to court on several hearings but going with your attorney and without are two totally different things. Here you may want to spend a day or two in family court to learnt he procedure and how to present evidence.

An accept for my time is always appreciated.