LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

My girlfriends mother had moved to Florida and has given her

Customer Question

My girlfriends mother had moved to Florida and has given her house to us as long as we make the house payments. We have lived here for 4 years and haven't missed a payment and now all of a sudden we are behind in the payments and don't know how. Now GMAC is foreclosing on the house. we have tried to contact them and their lawyer and they don't want to help us. My question is how can we fight the foreclosure without losing our home?
we are a family with 4 kids and we have now place to go.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 years ago.
You can likely delay the foreclosure by hiring an attorney to fight this but if there are no legal defenses, eventually you will be evicted, if you are unable to become current on the money owed. Another option would be to try a loan modification, if GMAC would be willing to work with you so the payments can be lowered. Based on the facts stated above, you said you have not missed a payment, so it is possible that GMAC is making an error on this foreclosure. You need to present to them documentation of mortgage payments, so these proceedings can be stopped.