LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

Six months ago a quit claim was done to add my name on the

Six months ago a quit claim was done to add my name on the deed to a condo that my parents own. Recently, my parents were served with foreclosure documents on the condo. The document listed my name as one of the owners of the property along with my parents. My name IS XXXXX XXXXX the mortgage loan for the condo. What is my degree of liability and will it affect my credit score if the foreclosure takes place.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 years ago.

Having your name on the deed simply gives you an ownership interest in the property. Since you have a vested interest, you had to be notified of the foreclosure. As far as the foreclosure goes, only those who signed for the mortgage/loan will be held liable for a deficiency judgment and have a negative effect on their credit report.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Does this advice also aplly to the city of Chicago?

Yes. When a person(s) sign for a loan, they agree to repay the amount borrowed. If they fail to repay it, they can be sued. Only those people who signed it, are held liable.

Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. Please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get credit for my answer.