Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

I purchased a clothes dryer from Best Buy. They lost my order

I purchased a clothes dryer from Best Buy. They lost my order and it was cancelled > I called them and the order was put though again minus the delivery charge. Everything was fine. Two weeks later Best Buy took the price of the dryer plus the delivery charge from a totally different account they should have not had access to. Now they are telling me and my bank I received two dryers and are denying my claim. Seems to me they have stolen $364 from an account they shouldnt have been in.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your question and for choosing JustAnswer.

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel; I detest dealing with that store, they have used every excuse under the sun and they just make up excuses when they run out. They stole one of my computers that I had taken for repair.

Unfortunately, the only way to get through to them is in Small Claims Court where they will have to produce a delivery slip for 2 clothes dryers to your house which they will not be able to do. I would ask for punitive damages which are generally 3 times your ordinary damages just to teach them to listen to their customers. Actually, if they would listen to what they are saying, they would not believe they are actually expecting the customer to believe it.

I am not a litigious person, preferring to resolve things amicably and I wish there were an amicable solution which I could suggest to you; however, having a horrible experience myself in their refusing to return my computer, I know exactly what you are up against and they will not deviate from what they are saying. They will just keep repeating the same excuse over and over until you take them to Small Claims Court.

Good Luck!

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you.

Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel