Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

is my husband intittled to 1/2 the property inherited from

is my husband intittled to 1/2 the property inherited from my deceaced Mom and Dad 30 years after my marriage to him in New Jersey?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

Your husband is not entitled to any gift or inheritance you received during your marriage amd it is not considered "marital property", unless you comingled it with marital property, Ex. You received $10,000 inheritance and you kept it in a separate account - It remains yours and yours alone.

But, consider this Ex. You receive $10,000 inheritance and deposit it in a bank account that has both your name and your husband's name. Yu have comingled the proert and it has lost its character as an "Inheritance".

If your husband has done nothing to harm you physically or mentally, you cannot gt a restraining Order because the law says that you are both entitled to occupy the marital residence.

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you.

Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel

Is there anything else I can help you with?

If not, please be kind enough to press the "ACCEPT Button so that I receive credit for helping you. It is the only way I get paid

We work on the honor system at JustAnswer; we spend time and effort to research your question and make sure we give you the correct answer. We hope that the customers of JustAnswer are guided by the same principle of Honor

Member, NY & PA Bar