Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

I live in Indiana and I just had a child with my girlfriend.

I live in Indiana and I just had a child with my girlfriend. The child is 3 months old. I just kicked her out of the house because i speculated she was cheating and she had a degenerate attitude towards our relationship. This was last week. She took my son and she is staying at her mom's house in Illinois. She is denying me access to my son. Is she breaking the law, any form of parental alienation law that could help me? I need help. I can't see my son..please...Thankyou
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Is there a court order for paternity?

Are there any court orders in place regarding your child as to visitation, custody or child support?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No there is not any court order for paternity, visitation,custody, or support . We just broke up. Her legal residence is illinios and mine is indiana if that helps.

DearCustomer- She has broken no laws since you have not established your rights as the father of the child. You will need to file a motion in the court in the county where she and your child reside to establish paternity and visitation. She will be entitled to child support however that is a separate issue from custody and/or visitation. Once you obtain an order for visitation you will be able to see your child.

Dave Kennett