Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

There are several unsubstantiated reports made to CPS here

There are several unsubstantiated reports made to CPS here in the state of AZ made against me: my ex was trying to win a custody case, which she eventually lost. The court's findings, after a psychologist was involved, was that she is severely mentally ill, has been a danger to our son, and I was granted 75% time with my son.

I would like to have those CPS reports expunged as a matter of principle. how can I do this?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

You will not get any cooperation from CPS, I can tell you that for sure and those records are not expunged.

The only way you may find some relief, is to file a Petition with the Court asking them to seal the files so that no one has access to them.

It might be a good idea to bring the Petition before the Judge that awarded custody because he already knows the history and it will be a shorter time to wait to see if they will be sealed.

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you.

Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel