Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I was hire on as a health care professional full time and was

I was hire on as a health care professional full time and was work full time hours. Now I find out on next months schdule that im losing 24 hours a pay period and placed on part time status. Is this legal? I have people depending on me and I can't afford this loss of hours.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Legally an employer can cut your hours. It has to pay for hours worked. If the hour reduction and pay reduction is material (1/3 reduction or more) you can apply for unemployment benefits based on constructive termination. Consider first seeing if you can negotiate for more hours. If the reason for the reduction is discriminatory, let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it may be discrimination do to the fact that my bosses boyfriend got some of my days
By discrimination of illegal nature it would need to be based on your race, gender, age or nationality. Favoritism otherwise is unprofessional but not illegal.