Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

Hi, I just had a couple of quick questions concerning peace

I just had a couple of quick questions concerning peace orders. I live in the state of Maryland and currently have a temporary peace order out on my husband. We are expected to go for our final hearing this Monday, November 2nd. Is it true that permanent orders go on your record and right of firearms are taken from him? I would like to keep him out of the house to avoid ugly disputes but don't want him to suffer and take away his rights for life. What do you suggest and are the previous questions true?
Thank you for your time,
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.A conviction ehre might well keep him from possessing firearms here.This part is true.I would tell you to go with your heart here and do what you think you need to do to protect yourself and your children.Nobody can tell you what is right here.I eman no one knows your situation better than you.And no one shoudl second guess what you decide.But a conviction here would have the affects that you mention.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean by conviction? And it does go on his record permanently?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
If he violated a peace order here this would be a crime.If he has permanent orders this might prevent him from having weapons under the terms of the orders.The corut here sets the restriction and terms of any permanent orders.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does it go on your record?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Yes it will show up on your record here.