MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I am a 38 year old woman and reside in California. My step-father

I am a 38 year old woman and reside in California. My step-father passed away in 1999 and was given a military burial, also in California. How would I go about obtaining a DNA sample for paternal comparison?
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
a DNA sample from your step father?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. I believe that he is my biological father and would like a DNA sample to compare to my own. It is a crazy situation, but my mother and "step-father" had an ongoing affair while she was married to someone else. When that marriage disolved, they married (that's how he became my stepfather). The man listed on my birth certificate is her previous husband. I hope this helps!
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
I see, unfortunately, the likelihood of obtaining a court order to dig up the body to take a dna sample is extremely slim and that would be your only way to get the dna sample.