MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I pawned my rolex watch in Idaho, went to pick it up after

I pawned my rolex watch in Idaho, went to pick it up after 6-weeks and they sold it
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
what did your loan agreement say with respect to your right to redeem the property?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It said that I only have 30-days to pick it up, I went 6-weeks and they said they sold it. I am still looking for the actual ticket. when I got the loan they said after 30-days it would just carry over to the next month. I was sent no notice phone call nothing
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
so, to be clear, in writing you were given 30 days? however, there was a verbal indication they would hold it longer than that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes there was a verbal that they would hold 30 days longer as well. I spoke with other customers and one guy let a ring there for four months late and they held it ! I pawned a $7000,00 rolex for $1200.00 They intentually screwed me !
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
I see, do you have any evidence to support the verbal agreement for the 30 day extension?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I can tape some call into the shop and my friend was with me as well during the transaction, he heard them say that they would hold it a extra 30-days
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.

when you say you can tape some calls, are you certain that the shop owner will agree that he verbally said there would be an extension?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not believe he would agree at all that would sink his ship on this, that sob screwed me !!
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
so the extent of your supporting evidence is the witness confirmation? Essentially it boils down to your collective word vs. that of the shop owner. Additionally, where the price equals $500.00 or more (with the exception of professional merchants performing their normal business transactions, or any custom-made items designed for one specific buyer) fall under the statute of frauds under the Uniform Commercial Code (article 2, section 201). I'm afraid there is a very slim chance you would win a small claims suit here.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.