lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

The lot on which I plan to build is 17. Above this is 18 and

The lot on which I plan to build is 17. Above this is 18 and perhaps at a lower level. They have to pump their sewage and effluents.
According to the Real estate person 20 feet of Private Sanitary Easement along the west side of my proposed property has been allocated. The property is only 20000 Sqft and the width is about 110 feet.
Should I be concerned and how do I protect myself from any future problem due to this if I buy this.
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
There is no way to protect yourself. They have an easement and can use it for their line. However, there is little chance that there will ever be a problem. It would be very unusual. You would just have to be sure not to damage the line in any way.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have one question to ask of you before I accept.

If I go ahead and build my house in the property will a future buyer of the property consider it as a negative point and will this affect the value of the property and turn away buyers.

Thanks again

Grand concourse.

Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
An easement across your property of any kind is always a negative. I can't predict what a particular person may find a negative point that would effect the value in their eyes.