MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

I am the unknown heir of this estate. How can I save the home

I am the unknown heir of this estate. How can I save the home? I just recently received this info and i am the granddaughter of the deceased....the known heir will not share informatin with me. He is a deadbeat dad.

2032 Church Ln. 49th Ward 1,628.04 sq. ft. BRT# XXXXX Improvements: Residential Property
ESTATE OF JAMES L. GREY, MELVIN GREY, ADMINISTRATOR AND HEIR OF THE ESTATE OF JAMES L. GREY AND UNKNOWN HEIRS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND ALL PERSONS, FIRMS, OR ASSOCIATIONS CLAIMING RIGHT, TITLE OR INTEREST FROM OR UNDER JAMES L. GREY, DECEASED C.P. March Term, 2009 No. 03706 $35,863.54 Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg, LLP
who is the executor of the estate?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the person in control is my father, melvin grey which is james grey's son. he will not communicate with me

I assume you do not know the estates attorney involved, do you know if the matter is in probate?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no i do not. the only lawyer information i have is provided on the listing for the foreclosure.Phelan Hallinan & Schmieg, LLP . how can i found out if my grandfather left me anything as well since i am lacking information?
you can obtain a copy of your father's will and a copy of the inventory of your father's estate from the clerk of the court in which the estate is being probated. These records will have been, or will be if they haven't already been, filed with the court that is handling the probate of your father's will. These records are PUBLIC records and you will only have to pay a nominal fee to the clerk of the court for photocopying costs. In fact anyone, even someone without an interest in the estate, can obtain copies of these records simply because they are public records.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do i find out which clerk of the court has the info? can i look online?
unforutnately it is not available online, the clerk that has the info would be the county district court clerk where your grandfather resided.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok thanks. so i will need to find the attorney for the estate in order to save the house from foreclosure? are there any documents i can file to get an injunction or postponement?

you can file a motion for an injunction but unless you have some ownership interest in the home, you will have no standing to file the motion and it will be dismissed.