Griffin Law Firm
Griffin Law Firm, Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney licensed in both CA and WA
19174230

I had a DUI back in 2001, and court lost my file and case was

I had a DUI back in 2001, and court lost my file and case was never pesented to a judge.

I am a green card and i need to go to differnt country this month and i hard LAX (Airport), they are doing a fingerprint to check background these days.

Is it OK for me to go there? Or clear my case with immigration and go next time?
Expert:  Griffin Law Firm replied 7 years ago.
My understanding from your question is that you were stopped and cited for a DUI, but because the file was lost, you never had a court appearance, charges were never filed and you were never convicted or sentenced. Is this correct? If you did not get convicted of the DUI, it will not show up on any background check. How did you find out that your file was lost? What contact did you have with the court?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I hired a lawyer back then. And i went to the court and check my criminal report and it didn't show.

However my concern is when i go to different country, would i be come back to US without any problems?

If you checked it that thoroughly, then I would feel confident in the fact you do not have a conviction on your record. They would not be able to proceed with the case at this point without violating your right to a speedy trial. Just being pulled over and cited, but never convicted, will not cause problems for you leaving and entering the country. So long as all your regular paperwork is in order, you will be fine.