JPEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
14397910

Regarding Public Law 93.365.92.603, which supposedly lays out

Customer Question

Regarding Public Law 93.365.92.603, which supposedly lays out SSI & other benefits for released prisoners. I cannot find this written out anywhere. Is this correct that under this law (& RCW7429.205, RCW72.02.040) that released inmates are "disadvantaged minority" & entitled to SSi, low income housing, food stamps, fuel assistance payments, etc.? This "rumor" is rampant in the state prison where my son is incarcerated & I'd like to get to the bottom of it. Where can I actually find (on the net) this Public Law & the RCW's?
Expert:  JPEsq replied 7 years ago.

I can look for the law, but I can tell you without even seeing the law that this rumor is false.

SSI is based on disability, not minority status. And also, there is no way a law was passed giving inmates public assistance. I guarantee you that this is totally false.

But let me see if I can find the law.

Expert:  JPEsq replied 7 years ago.

I think you asked this question before (maybe last week) and I could not find any such laws then. I have used a pay seach site that lawyers use to search laws and cases. There is no such law with the numbers you have given.

The closest thing was PL 92-303 which correlates to a US Code section on miner's black lung benefits.

Prison legal rumors are rampant and 99.99% of the time they are confused.