Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I want to start a new career and I am 44 years old with no

I want to start a new career and I am 44 years old with no health issues.I work in A hospital so I have considered a career in Radiology also I have over 20 years as a security officer so I am also considering a career in Criminal Law. I have the drive and determination to be good at both but at this age of 44 it may be difficult to get in.Which career will take less time to achieve also realistically which career should A man my age persue.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Good Evening,

Thank you for your question and for choosing JustAnswer

I'm sure you would do well at both, which do you prefer? No one can make that decision for you.

You must take into account the number of years of schooling, cost, etc., but still, the ultimate question is, where do you want to be ?

To become a radiologist, assuming you have already completed college and have your Bachelor's degree, are you willing to put in the long hours of studying and sleepless nights of medical school, then internship, residency, then specializing in radiology?

For criminal law, again assuming you have your Bachelo's degree, are you willing to put in the time, effort, studying, sleepless nights of law school ? You cannot justtake criminal law; you have to take all the introductory courses first, then there are only 3 or 4 courses in criminal law, criminal procedure and maybe 2 more. You acquire the knowledge necessary from experience.

The fields you have chosen are not easy ones an you should think abut it long and hard first. It would be a terrible waste of your time and money, if you decided to cange your mind in midstream.

For all these reasons, you have to follow your heart; which career path will give you the most pleasure.

I wish you the very best in your endeavors.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., is always appreciated

__________________________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

If not, kindly press the "ACCEPT" button so that i may receive rdit for assisting you. This is the only way I get paid.

JustAnswer has a code of honor. If your question has been answered, it is only fair that the expert who helped you be compensated for his time and the only way this can happen, is by accepting the expert's answer.

Thank you

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, I am considering a career in Criminal Justice not Criminal Law as I stated earlier. My goal is to work with Los Angeles Sheriff Dept. or The Los Angeles Police Dept in Youth Detention, Adult Corrections, Probation, Parole Officer or Peace Officer. Also I am considering a career in Health Care as a Radiologist, Imagine, Cat Scan, Nuclear Medicine, X-Ray Tech.

I am 44 yars of age and my question is two part first! At my age which career will benifit me the most as an older man also which career will allow me the least amount of time to gain my education for or to prepare for? Thank You!

Expert:  Legalease replied 4 years ago.
Hi Customer -- Are you looking for additional information?

For Criminal Justice, you can go to an accredited Paralegal Insitute and finish your studies in about 18 to 24 months, depending on how many courses per semester you take; again, you will learn more with on the job training and gain experience that way.

With radiology, imaging, x-ray Technician, your studies again would take about 18 months.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is this: which do you prefer. You might want to spend a day at a healthcare enter and a day with some court personnel to see these professions in actual practice to get a feel for them.

Both would benefit you equally; they are both very respectable fields and your age would be respected in both areas.

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

Andrea, Esq., Attorney