Amber E.
Amber E., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in areas of Divorce, Custody, Social Security, and Contract disputes.

im needing the actual for for waiver of reinstatement fees

Customer Question

i'm needing the actual for for waiver of reinstatement fees for my driver license in indiana. i cannot find this form and need to find it as soon as possible.. can you tell me where i can find such a form?
Expert:  Amber E. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Q. can you tell me where i can find such a form?

A. It is not a form, as much as it is an actual court order:

Per Indiana Code article 9-29-10-1 (and following), you have to file a Petition for waiver of fee for driver's license reinstatement, which is a kind of lawsuit. The procedure for filing is provided for you, click the link for more information. If after a hearing on the matter the court waives the reinstatement fee, then it is the responsibility of the clerk to forward the appropriate document (e.g. the judgment or order) to the bureau. This is not something that you would do.

If your county clerk of court does not have a sample petition available for you to use, then you will have to hire an attorney to assist you.

If you have already gone through the above procedure and the clerk still has not forwarded the information to the bureau, then you may have to file a motion to compel against the clerk in order to have the information sent over.