How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amber E. Your Own Question
Amber E.
Amber E., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1468
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in areas of Divorce, Custody, Social Security, and Contract disputes.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Amber E. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im needing the actual for for waiver of reinstatement fees

Customer Question

i'm needing the actual for for waiver of reinstatement fees for my driver license in indiana. i cannot find this form and need to find it as soon as possible.. can you tell me where i can find such a form?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Amber E. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Q. can you tell me where i can find such a form?

A. It is not a form, as much as it is an actual court order:

Per Indiana Code article 9-29-10-1 (and following), you have to file a Petition for waiver of fee for driver's license reinstatement, which is a kind of lawsuit. The procedure for filing is provided for you, click the link for more information. If after a hearing on the matter the court waives the reinstatement fee, then it is the responsibility of the clerk to forward the appropriate document (e.g. the judgment or order) to the bureau. This is not something that you would do.

If your county clerk of court does not have a sample petition available for you to use, then you will have to hire an attorney to assist you.

If you have already gone through the above procedure and the clerk still has not forwarded the information to the bureau, then you may have to file a motion to compel against the clerk in order to have the information sent over.