Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

How can I legally kick my 18 year old son out of my house in

How can I legally kick my 18 year old son out of my house in the state of Ohio?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hi there. Under Ohio law, the emancipation date of a child is the date a child reaches age 18 and has graduated or withdrawn from high school (whichever date is latest), but not to exceed the age of 19. After that point, you can have him evicted as if he were a tenant whose lease has terminated.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I have to wait until he is withdrawn from highschool or quits?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately, you do...unless you are in some sort of physical danger, in which case you would need to contact the authorities.