Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I have my daughters friend living in our home..she is now off

I have my daughters friend living in our home..she is now off to college and the friend is still here..its been abt 2 months...what is the law abt residency..what rights does a person have toward my home if they stay with us for a certain period of time..and if i have that person sign a letter releasing them of any responsiblity toward that is it valid if notarized?
The person is considered a month to month tenant. To evict the person is entitled to 30 day notice and then a court eviction action unless you negotiate for the person to leave. You can sign an agreement for her to leave in exchange for not owing rent. it can be signed by both and while notarized is ideal, it is not necessary.