Legal Eagle, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with experience in many fields

What can happen to a 16 year old juenile caught with mushroom

What can happen to a 16 year old juenile caught with mushroom and facing a 2dn dg felony in Texas?
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. Is the Juvenile being charged as an adult? Any other criminal history?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I do not know yet he was just picked up tonight around 8:30 pm. We received a call from the Ft. Bend County Juvenile probation officer and he did not have any details other then they are holding him in a juvenile detention facility overnight and we will get a call about 7am to find out when, what time and where we have to be for the detention hearing.

Well from the information you provided it sounds like he will be charged as a juvenile. A conviction for this charge will likely result in some detention time in a facility, community service and probation.

There are seven levels of sanctions that may be applied as punishment. The punishment will depend on a number of factors including severity of the crime, age of the offender, and past history.

The sanctions can be found here--

Chapter 59 of the family code.

I hope this has been helpful. If you need more information please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What happens at the detention hearing - the parole officer indicated that it is to determine if he is to be charged or not. Is this correct?

Yes. At the detention hearing, it will be determined if the child should be charged, and if so, whether the child should remain in detention while awaiting the resolution, or if the child can be released to the parents. Typically the child can be released to the parents, but the judge will decide.

Good luck!