Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years. General Practice, Labor/Employment, PI, WC, Criminal, Family.
9112957

I am a law student at Everest U. and my question is what statutes

I am a law student at Everest U. and my question is what statutes of fraud on land do we have here in North Carolina, and what are some of the cases?
Hello 12lsh23abok,

Since you have hit most of the major reference sites, I took a different tack in researching, hoping to come up with one or two things you have not found in your searching. I used scroogle.org (a scrubbed version of Google.com).

Here are two statutes of frauds in North Carolina

North Carolina General Statutes § 25-2A-201. Statute of frauds. Leases, generally (not land).

North Carolina General Statutes § 22-2. Contract for sale of land; leases. Sale of land and leases.

And, here are some cases that deal in statutes of frauds:

Laing v. Lewis, 133 NC App 172 (98-865) 05/04/1999

Maxwell v. Wayne National Bank, 175 N. Car. 180, 95 S. E. 147 (I found this citation in an article, but it omitted the year).

Bass v. Siloam Baptist Church, (NO. COA03-410) (N.C. Ct. App. 2004) (Unpublished Opinion). Useful for the cases it cites, although citation to unpublished opinions is disfavored.

I will be happy to clarify my answer if you need me to do so, or give you further explanation if you need me to do so.

If not, please click ACCEPT to pay Just Answer and me for helping you. Your positive feedback wins me points and costs you but a moment of time. A "bonus" awards me for an especially good job.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "For Gloria M."

Good luck and best wishes!

Gloria M

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely informational and educational. This public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights. You should consult with an attorney in your area for specific advice relevant to your situation.