How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25386
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a mother take her child to another state without the consent

Resolved Question:

can a mother take her child to another state without the consent of the father and move to that state permanently when they both have joint custody.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Here there must be a court order preventing her from leaving the state. If she moves without permission from the court she will be in contempt of court and subject to jail time. Here the mother needs to file a petition with the court if she wants to move with the children.
lwpat and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions