Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

i live in kansas how long do the kansas bureau of investigation

i live in kansas how long do the kansas bureau of investigation have to arrest me after serving a search warrent and finding drugs
A warrant does not expire. That means that they can conceivably arrest you at any time, but it usually takes a day to be properly served with an arrest warrant.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it has been over 10 weeks
And you are sure that you are going to be arrested?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
they told me they were not arresting me that day because i have a clean record and some officers said i wasn't going to take off but they are going to arrest me and they would call and let me know before hand
I really suggest you retain an attorney who practices criminal defense. Contact the FBI and have them contact your attorney should they ever decide to formally arrest you. Certain types of charges can be brought up only during a certain period of time. I assume you are being only federally charged, correct? Do you, by any chance, know what specific charge it is going to be?

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is state not federal and found weed valium and dirty meth pipes search warrent said sales of meth
This is in Kansas, right?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes
The statute of limitations by which time you can be brought up on charges in Kansas for drug related offenses, either as a felony or a misdemeanor, is 2 years. So the state has a lot of time to still decide to charge you or not.

I am sorry.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you
You are welcome. I really wish I had better news for you.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.