Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

I want to get full custody of my daughter and I would also

I want to get full custody of my daughter and I would also want her father to receive little to none visitation rights. He was not present during her birth, he is also not on her birth certificate, he has an 11yr old son which he owes backup child support, he has had a substance abuse problem with drugs since he was 12yrs old. He has seen her when she was 3 months, 1 yr, and 2yrs in public places only. Currently I get cash aid for only her, we get food stamps, and I have not cooperated with child support services. Please send me a response as soon as you get this. I am a full time student at Cal State LA and I am willing to pay anything, just as long as I get full custody of my daughter.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there:

what is your specific legal question?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to get full custody of my 2 yr old daughter and I want little to no visitation rights for the father
Hi again:

I do understand your goal, but what is your specific question?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know how to do it or how much it would cost or if i would even win.
So the question is how to get started and what the odds are in a case like this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes. especially when he has seen her in a few occasions. knowing that he isn't a good father to his first son and that i have allowed him to see her in public places. how much is that going to count against me. he has only seen her less than ten times in the span of 2 yrs.
Hi there:

if he has not seen your daughter more than 10 times in the last 2 years, your odds are usually very good.

To start, you will need to file the following judicial council forms:

FL-200 (if his name is XXXXX XXXXX the birth certificate) or FL-260 (if it is);
FL-210
FL-300
FL-310
FL-150
FL-105

File those forms at your local courthouse. There may be some local forms that will need to be completed when you get there too (depending on your county). You will be given a court date and referred to a mediator. Here is the website for the forms: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/

Hope this helps. Thank you in advance for the "accept".