JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

I have received a summons from my former mortgage holder after

I have received a summons from my former mortgage holder after we did a short sale and it states i have 30 days to respond
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

What is your question that you would like assistance with?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is the next step, do I have to appear at court, how do I set up a payment plan is that still an option, why have they not contacted me since the short sale
Did the second mortgage company know about the short sale?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it was both Wells Fargo, they both agreed and the lein was released. The primary mortgage was completly satisfied and the second mortgage (the notice I received today) was suppose to contact with payment options, they never did, i called and would only get the run around and disconnected multiple times.
Okay. It's always nice when the left hand knows what the right one is doing. Yikes!

You can contact the lawyer listed for Wells Fargo (in the summons) beforehand, explain your situation and s/he may work with you from the get-go in setting up a payment plan, etc. I'm sure that you're not the first one the lawyer has heard this experience from.

If that doesn't get worked out before your deadline, then you need to respond to the summons in writing. You can simply deny all of the allegations and maintain that Wells Fargo did not abide by the conditions they promised during the short sale of the first mortgage.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!