legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas

My sister passed away a few months ago. The only asset she

My sister passed away a few months ago. The only asset she had was her car which she wanted her daughter to have. I am the executor but would like to avoid probate since this is absolutely the only asset she had. She wrote the will mainly to make sure her daughter got the car.

Is the death certificate enough to get the car title changed. There are no liens against it.
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
Yes if the daughter is her only heir you can just fill out a transfer of title with a copy of the death certificate to get the car changed to the daughter's name.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
She also has a son who agrees the car is going to her sister. Does he need to sign something? I do have a copy of the signed will stating the car should go to the daughter.
Yes since he is an heir and you do not want to probate he has to sign to agree to waive his right to any claim in the car.