Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

i am a board member of a credit union and our employees have

i am a board member of a credit union and our employees have ask to buy them a single paymnet defined retirement. They already have a 401k and a 12% match on salaries and wages.I have said it is unethical to go give them 500k if they have not earned it.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,

You have a great point and hopefully, the rest of the board members will agree with you.

The members already have a 401k and you have a 12% match! That's a heck of a package in and of itself in liht of so many people being layed off in this economy. There's a saying, "He who is greedy and demands the whole pie, winds up losing the piece that's already on his plate"

Stand your ground!

I hope this answers your questions. Pressing the "ACCEPT" button will not close the window and you may ask follow up questions; If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me; you may do so, by simply typing my name at the beginning of your question.

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you.

Making a deposit does not constitute an acceptance of my answer; unless you press the ACCEPT button.

Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel