Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

Can I break my lease agreement to my landlord now that he already

Customer Question

Can I break my lease agreement to my landlord now that he already sold the property to another?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Good evening. Unless your lease specifically provides otherwise, the sale by the landlord of the property would not have any effect on your lease. In the same vein, the new owner takes ownership of the property subject to your lease and is not entitled to change the terms of that lease.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.