lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

i went in a hospital ER complaining of chest pain . They told

i went in a hospital ER complaining of chest pain . They told my profile indicated that I be kept for observation for a possible heart attack. I put was in a room in the ER, hooked up to EKG, blood pressure cuff, IV, O2, all very standard. They drew blood, for cardiac enzyme testing. They consulted with my Primary, who asked that I be held over night, my wife left (working in AM). Night nurse made me comfortable, shut down lights, pulled curtain, closed door. The monitor I had went off constantly, no one came to check I had to hit call button for them to reset it, (it had been going off 15-20 mins). Dosed off very briefly, work up to end of "conan O'brien" show, had chest pain. I pressed call button, waited approximately 30 mins before anyone responded. I told them I had chest pain, I waited no-one showed up. The next person I saw was night nurse approx 2.45-3.00 AM. She said she had been monitoring my comp, no-one told her i had chest pain. I sat in the dark, almost 3 hrs, no help.
Here you do not have any legal recourse since you have no actual damages. I understand the angry part. For someone under observation for a heart attack this is a serious breach of care. Here your only recourse is to file a complaint with the administration.