Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
3396227

Can I buy jewelry in Maryland from flea markets, auctions,

Customer Question

Can I buy jewelry in Maryland from flea markets, auctions, and yard sales and collect it? Am I breaking any laws by buying gold and not selling it? This is an investment for me. Is there a certain amount of money I must make when I cash it in to make a profit?

Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- You can buy all the gold you please and collect it and resell it at a later time. There is not requirement to ever sell it. In order to make a profit you just need to sell it for more than you spent plus the costs of storage, if any. I cannot tell you exactly how much money that will be since I don't know what costs you are going to have for the items and expenses.

Dave Kennett