Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

ON JULY 13,2009 I SPOKE TO SOMEONE REGARDING A RENTAL FOR A

Customer Question

ON JULY 13,2009 I SPOKE TO SOMEONE REGARDING A RENTAL FOR A WEDDING IN AUG. HE EMAILED ME AN APPLICATION FOR REVIEW AND I SIGNED IT 3 DAYS LATER. ABOUT A WEEK LATER I DIDN'T NEED IT AND TRYED CALLING HIM TO NOTIFY HIM OF MY CANCELATION. HE WOULD CALL ME BACK 2 DAYS LATER. I SPOKE TO HIM AND TOLD HIM ABOAUT THE CANCELATION. HE ARGUED WITH ME AND DIDN'T WANT TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT . HE IS CHARGING ME $1800.00
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Good Evening,

If your credit card company leaves it on your bill, You may have to sue him for a refund or credit to your credit card account. But the merchant only has 30 days to dispute this.

He will have to prove that:

1) the hall was worth $1,800;

2) that he held the hall for you and turned others away;

3) that he tried to rent it and mitigate his damages

I would press the credit card company, saying that he misrepresented somethng because a mre change of mind is not enough to get you out of the contract, unless there was specific cancellation language in the contract you signed.

I hope this answers your questions. Pressing the "ACCEPT" button will not close the window and you may ask follow up questions; If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me; you may do so, by simply typing my name at the beginning of your question.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you.

Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.

______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ACCUTUALLY IT WAS A PARTY BUS RENTAL. I HAD 30DAYS TO CANCEL. WHICH I DID. HE ALSO CHARGED $200 FOR CONTRACT. HE ALSO SEND A COPY OF MY SIGNITURE TO CREDIT CARD CO. CREDIT CARD CO. ASKED ME IF I HAD PROOF OF CANCELATION, WHICH I DON'T HAVE BECAUSE, HE DIDNT WANT TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT THEREFORE I'M STUCK

You are not stuck at all!!! And do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Tell the credit card company that you had 30 days to cancel and you cancelled within that time period in the manner the merchant specified; if merchant did not specify how it was to be cancelled then you could cancel in any reasonable manner.

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I DID ALL THAT CREDIT CARD CO. WANTS PROOF OF CANCELATION WHICH I DONT HAVE BECAUSE HE NEVER CANCELED. I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO. SHOULD I CONTACT CONSUMERS AFFAIR?

Pressing the "ACCEPT" button will not close the window and you may ask follow up questions; If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me; you may do so, by simply typing my name at the beginning of your question.

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar