skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues

As a condo owner, can the other owner, by majority vote, force

As a condo owner, can the other owner, by majority vote, force me to allow a lift station pumps for sewage to be placed under my closet floor solely because it is cheaper than putting it in the carport???

Such placement will have to be disclosed and I think that that would be a deal breaker for most buyers. I cannot immediately determine the loss of value!

thank you,

Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
They cannot force you to compromise your value in the condo and I dont care if it is a majority vote or cheaper. You would have a claim against the owners for damage to your real estate and an impairment of value claim. I agree that pumps like that directly under your closet would possibly need maintenance and would deter buyers. They clearly cannot legally do this and refuse them admission to your condo to install the pumps.