Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

What should I do if I still have not received my deposit nor

What should I do if I still have not received my deposit nor a letter from my landlord and it is 2 weeks past 30 days from when I moved out?

Good evening. Your landlord no longer has any right to keep any portion of your security deposit. You should send your landlord a letter...sent certified, return receipt requested...demanding the return of your security deposit within a short specified period of time or you will have no choice but to file suit to recover it. If the landlord does not timely comply, file a claim in small claims court.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Am I only entitled to my security deposit or more?

Under Kansas law, you will be entitled to your security deposit plus an additional amount equal to 1.5 times your security deposit. I'm sorry..I should have been more detailed with my response. I apologize for that!