Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I put down earnest monies of $1000 down on a home being sold

I put down earnest monies of $1000 down on a home being sold for $85,000. I put the offer in for cash after recently having settled a lawsuit the money is in my account frozen all parties have signed documents just awaiting the judges signature. After showing the sellers atty. That the money was in my acct. and allowing me to go through with several inspections termite,septic,home there are over $1000 worth of repairs to be made they are now trying to call the deal off and refusing to make the repairs if they don't see a judges signature which from what I am told from my atty. it should be the end of the week. Can they call it off and keep the earnest money and they have the benefits of the results of the inspection
Thanks for your question.You should have had an earnest money contract for sale.This woudl define the terms of the sale.I am not sure if you have one or not.BotXXXXX XXXXXne is if no agreement here then you would have to file suit in small claims to get your money back.You have good facts here because of damage to do so in this matter. You have rights here.If the title company or third party is holding funds you would make claim for them.