How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36588
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have recently agreed to a lawsuit settlement during this

This answer was rated:

I have recently agreed to a lawsuit settlement during this lawsuit my bank account was frozen- both parties have signed all documents when I look online e-courts it says disposed, motion pending what does this mean how long does it generally take for a judge to sign a order ? This is in NY supreme civil court



Disposed means that some sort or resolution has been reached in a court case. Motion pending is likely a motion to dismiss based on the settlement being approved by the court. Judges usually sit down every two weeks or so and go through through their stack of motions that need signatures and sign them. They then send them on for filing and mailing out to the parties.





I am sorry if the answer is not what you would prefer, but as you know, sometimes the correct answer is good news, other times bad. I hope you have a better understanding of your legal issue as a result of my comments. If the information given in fact answered your question please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. If you need additional clarification on this question, don't hesitate to click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details. If you would like to have me help with further questions, you can request me personally in your question caption.


Barrister and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you