Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My husband bought a truk to day and he called to cancel the

My husband bought a truk to day and he called to cancel the transaction and they told him he could not cancel it because it was an electronic transaction. We live in Georgia. CAn we cancel the transcation.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
When a person enters into such a contractual agreement, they are held by the courts to be bound by those contracts. There is no automatic right to rescind the contract and it cannot be rescinded unless there is a written provision in the contract allowing for it. I am afraid that if the dealer does not agree to cancel the contract, he will be bound by the contract he signed.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”