Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

i went into a store in oglethorpe county ga that has an ice

Customer Question

i went into a store in oglethorpe county ga that has an ice cream bar and is supposed to be family oriented. beside the ice cream about shoulder length to an eight year old (my son) was a small shelf with porn all boobs hanging out at eye level to a child. is there a county or any ordinance against this being out. there were at least 3 or 4 other kids in the store also. what can i do?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,

I am a mother and know exactly how you feel. Unfortunately, the First Amendment of the US Constitution guarantees this right of expression.

The only thing we, as parents, can do, is to make every attempt to prohibit our children from going into stores which carry theses publications.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Leaving positive Feedback, Bonus, etc., are always appreciated.

______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

DISCLAIMER: The facts stated herein are information only and are not intended, nor should be construed as legal advice or legal opinion and No Attorney-Client relationship is formed by asking questions and receiving information; laws vary from state to state and to protect your interests, you should seek local counsel

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this was no help there are laws and coordinances that they have to keep it wrapped or behind counters and out of childrens reach especially if they are a family oriented store. i will be glad to pay if i actually get a real ans.

We may not lke the law, but it is what it is.

Georgia Statutes, Title 16, Chapter 12, Article 3 governs this and there is nothing that requires that they be in any type of packaging, or kept at a certain level beyond where a minor could see.

I realize that this is not the answer you were hoping for, but I have an obligation to give you accurate and correct information.

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LL.M., Taxation

Member, NY & PA Bar

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thats all i want is facts - i am going to keep pursuing this. thank you for your help. i would love to keep in contact to see what we can do. if u want let me know and i will give u my info. I am not comp smart so i would like to talk later. some of this seemed fishy or a scam so i was protective along with mad at the situation.

We do what we have to do to protect our children and do a lot of praying;

Take care, let me know of your successes. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

ANDREA