Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

My late father bought 5 acres of land in Floyd county Indiana

My late father bought 5 acres of land in Floyd county Indiana and built a house on this land. My mother now has the deeds to this property. We have a tenant in the property on a lease to buy arrangement who has now broken the original contract. My step brother lives in the States and is trying to claim the house for himself. Who do you recommend that I contact to try to sort this mess out. My mother is 74 years old and doesn't have a great deal of money.
Hi there:

so you are just looking for a contact point in the area?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I really need to know the best person I can contact state side to deal with this matter
Hi again: here is my recommendation--there is no guarantee that any particular person would be available or willing to take any particular case, but I would strongly suggest that you establish contact with an Indiana real estate attorney to discuss your rights and options. I would refer you to to find someone with the specialty and experience in the geographic area who can handle the case. Martindale lists basically every practicing attorney in the U.S.; it allow searches by areas of expertise and location, and it is the tool that most attorneys choose to use when looking for someone outside of our own geographic area.

Let me know if more information is needed, and please remember to click "accept". Thank you.