Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

is it hard to sue a private company for damages and pain and

is it hard to sue a private company for damages and pain and suffering? I was at a local Mobil gas station and I triped on a 4 inch lip, fell and broke my wrist. I fell the lip shoud be highlighted with yellow paint. I have triped before, but never fell. My aunt also fell there and broke bones as well, but that was long ago. I know I have some responsibility as a pedestrian to watch where I am going, but if we all walked looking down, we'd be banging into everything. may ask your thoughts on this?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You should pursue it through a lawyer on contingency fee basis for the damages you seek based on tort theory. The lawyer can coordinate settlement discussions, medical examinations, and litigation.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX already knew this. I was looking for a more indepth answer. Such as the probability of getting an award to cover bills and loss work. I am a mail carrier and use BOTH of my hands to sort the mail and then pull it down in order into trays which I have to carry to my delivery truck. I am currently out of work and probably will be for the 3 weeks it takes to heal and I do not have any sick leave left, so I will not be drawing a salery. And who knows if there will be complications once the cast is off?
I cannot make a factual determination that would require review of specific details but I can comment generally that from what you mentioned you can pursue a claim for actual and punitive damages. The extent of a recovery if damages shown along with causation depends on the severity of damages and the recklessness of their conduct.