Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
5180018

what does level 2 of rule 190 mean in the Texas Rules of civil

what does level 2 of rule 190 mean in the Texas Rules of civil procedure
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
Here is the rule for level 2 pasted below:

190.3 Discovery Control Plan - By Rule (Level 2)
(a) Application. Unless a suit is governed by a discovery control plan under Rules 190.2 or
190.4, discovery must be conducted in accordance with this subdivision.
(b) Limitations. Discovery is subject to the limitations provided elsewhere in these rules and
to the following additional limitations:
(1) Discovery period. All discovery must be conducted during the discovery period,
which begins when suit is filed and continues until:
(A) 30 days before the date set for trial, in cases under the Family Code; or
(B) in other cases, the earlier of
(i) 30 days before the date set for trial, or
(ii) nine months after the earlier of the date of the first oral deposition or
the due date of the first response to written discovery.
(2) Total time for oral depositions. Each side may have no more than 50 hours in oral
depositions to examine and cross-examine parties on the opposing side, experts
designated by those parties, and persons who are subject to those parties' control.
"Side" refers to all the litigants with generally common interests in the litigation. If
one side designates more than two experts, the opposing side may have an additional
six hours of total deposition time for each additional expert designated. The court
may modify the deposition hours and must do so when a side or party would be given
unfair advantage.
(3) Interrogatories. Any party may serve on any other party no more than 25 written
interrogatories, excluding interrogatories asking a party only to identify or
authenticate specific documents. Each discrete subpart of an interrogatory is
considered a separate interrogatory.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
in the matter of dirorce what does it mean?
If you're in a contested divorce case that may go to trial you will want to be able to obtain evidence such as financial records of assets and debt in addition to perhaps phone records, receipts and other evidence that can prove grounds to a divorce. This rule will control when you must seek such evidence and how you can go about obtaining the information.
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience: Practing General Attorney,