JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

My brother had intercourse with my sister. Is that incest

My brother had intercourse with my sister. Is that incest? Is that a felony in the state of Michigan. Would that be reason enough to remove an unreasonable Guardian who is preventing all his siblings from visiting their mother in an assisted living facility?
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

How is your brother related to your sister? Do they have the same mother and father?

How old is your brother?

How old is your sister?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My sister and brother have the same father (deceased) and same mother (age 87).

My brother is 65. My sister is 60.

It is incest. I doubt that any prosecutor in the state will seek charges though, given the age of the people and since there's no risk of children being born.

As repulsive as that act may be, it has nothing to do and will have no affect on trying to get someone removed as a guardian.

I am very sorry to learn of your circumstances. However, I hope that you find this information to be helpful in better understanding where you stand and why. I also hope that you find this answer to be ACCEPTable!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is it a felony in the state of Michigan?

It shows bad judgement.

It has prevented him from having any communication whatsoever with his two sisters and 2 stepsisters. He never answers his phone, letters and does not provide an email. No one can talk to anyone at the nursing home because of lies he perpretrated.

He should be removed because he has threatened that sister he took advantage of "I will see to it that you do not get one penny of your inheritance " because she told someone it happened.

Yes, it is a 15 year felony.